tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Read <chris.r...@ocado.com>
Subject RE: Can someone PLEASE tell me why tomcat uses so much CPU???
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:09:08 GMT

Any of this sound familiar?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Cruz [mailto:bcruz@norvax.com]
Sent: 30 September 2002 21:57
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Can someone PLEASE tell me why tomcat uses so much CPU???

Hi,

I am using tomcat 3.2.4, mod_jk, apache 1.3.x, linux redhat 7.1.  The java
processes slowly take more and more CPU power.  After about a day, java is
taking 15% CPU, after two days, about 30% of a 1GHZ CPU, etc.  If I leave it
running for more than three or four days, everything is VERY slow.  Does
anyone know why this happens and if it is normal?

I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere!

Brandon

For additional commands, e-mail:

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of Ocado Limited (the
"Company"). Opinions and views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect the opinions
and views of the Company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies
of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

Company reg. no. 3875000.  Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7PY