tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sinclair, Alan (CORP, GEAccess)" <alan.sincl...@geaccess.com>
Subject RE: Oracle connection pooling
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:56:32 GMT
I setup debug=99 and also set the verbosity="debug" for the Logger. I still
do not get any JDBC log information. I am stumped as to what I can do to
debug the pooling mechanism. One would expect some kind of message in the
catalina log ....

as

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 8:36 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Oracle connection pooling

Hi,

>Did you mean setting maxWait to 0 ?

No.  I meant that setting maxActive to 5, maxIdle to 3, and maxWait to
-1 does not mean there will be 3 connections on startup.

It's up to the connection pool implementation to decide if it wants to
pre-create the connections on startup, or not.  Some implementations may
expose a configuration parameter so that you can tell them whether to be
greedy.

Alternatively, you could ask for as many connections as your maxIdle
will allow on startup, so that when your first real DB calls come the
connections are already created.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics