tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Madere, Colin" <>
Subject mod_jk build problems
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:11:46 GMT
1) There seems to be an error in the scope of the make for mod_jk where it
expects to find 'libtool' in the common directory but it is in the parent
directory of the common directory.  (couldn't find a good place to submit
this problem except here)

2) Let me prefix my problem description with some specs:
Solaris 2.7 on x86 (but plan to deploy on SPARC under Solaris 2.7 and 2.8)
gcc 3.2
J2SDK 1.4.1_01
Apache 2.0.43 (built from src)
Tomcat 4.1

The docs at
dont' quite seem to cover everything (you know what I mean).  I build with
the "--enable-jni" since it is suggested for Apache 2.0 and I get a
"" but I don't get a "" as the documentation suggests.
Is it correct behavior that a "" NOT get built when using that
build option?  If so, would help if that was noted in docs.

Now assuming all is well, do I assume that the rest of the docs (in regards
to installation) when referring to "" mean " or"?

When I try to go into the build directory under 'jk' named 'Apache-2.0'
(which the docs say where the resulting "" is to be built) and try
to do a 'make' I get an error "libtool: unrecognized option '-g' ".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated including suggestions for using
other connectors if my setup suggests such a move.

Colin Madere

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message