tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Russ Bonsall <>
Subject Request parameters not coming through correctly [Tomcat 4.1.12]
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:44:30 GMT

I am having a problem in Tomcat 4.1.12 that I did not have in Tomcat 4.0.4.
I have a jsp that has two forms.  Both forms have the same name and use most
of the same parameters.  The first form has a drop-down("searchField") and a
textfield("searchString").  In Tomcat 4.0.4 these values came through fine.
In Tomcat 4.1.12 the values are coming through in the request, but they are
the second element in a String array.  In other words, to get the values out
I have to do something like the following:

String searchFields[] = request.getParameterValues("searchField");
String searchFieldValue = searchFields[1];

I should be able to just do:
String searchFieldValue = request.getParameter("searchField");

Why would I be getting an array with two values?  I was able to get the form
to work if it was the only thing in the jsp, so I believe there is something
external to the form being picked up as an additional parameter, but I can't
figure it out.  Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message