tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brown, Melonie S. - Contractor" <Melonie.Br...@forscom.army.mil>
Subject RE: Context/DBCP mess...
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:45:34 GMT
Speaking of the context file, I can't seem to get Tomcat to recognize that I
would like to put the compiled jsp pages somewhere other than the default
work location.

Is there something else that needs to be set to make this work?

 <Context path="/foo" docBase="foo" workDir = "foo/work" />

Melonie Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: echambe1@TXU.COM [mailto:echambe1@TXU.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Context/DBCP mess...

Michael:

I had the same problem. Mine was an issue about where I placed the Resource
and Resource Parameters. Make sure both are embedded within the Context you
are attempting to pull the datasource from.

Also, DBCP (Database Connection Pooling) is not enabled with the given
configuration. To use DBCP, you must download the DBCP package from Apache
Commons project and implement the factory tag within the ResourceParams tag.

With Tomcat 4.1.x, this is done automatically with global database resources
which is a main reason I am moving to the new version when I believe many of
the problems users are having are taken care of.

Hope this helps,
Ej

"Michael Nicholson" <man@email.unc.edu> on 10/09/2002 02:08:34 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>