tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Georg Puchta <gpuc...@sonicblue.com>
Subject RE: MOD_JK2 installation question
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:10:57 GMT
Just out of curiosity. I'm running Apache 1.3.20 and Tomcat 4.0.6
on Solaris. I downloaded the mod_jk.so file from the Jakarta web site
and couldn't get it to work smoothly. Whenever I requested a URI
that had parameters appended (<URI>?key=value) Apache logged and error
which looked like this:

httpd-error.log: [Wed Oct  9 22:53:31 2002] [notice] child pid 18323 exit
signal Bus Error (10)

I traced it to the connector source file /jk/apache1.3/mod_jk.c in
method init_ws_service() were it says:
    s->remote_host  = (char *)ap_get_remote_host(r->connection,
r->per_dir_config, REMOTE_HOST);

I had to replace r->per_dir_config with NULL to get it to work no matter
what URI. Did anyone else have this problem?

-Georg

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 10:00 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: MOD_JK2 installation question

Just for clarification, there _are_ JAR files that are used by Tomcat to
interface with the connectors.  They're normally included in the Tomcat
distribution, but if you are building from source, you may need to copy them
out of the connector build tree into the appropriate place in the Tomcat
tree.

John