tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:03:14 GMT

Glad I could help.

Check the documentation for the Host container:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

...and the documentation for the Context container:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html

Basically, a default Tomcat install has a single Virtual Host (localhost)
with a single webapp (/examples).  So setup a new Host container that mimics
the one for localhost, and setup a ROOT Context container for your webapp
within the new Host container.

On the Apache side, setup a normal Apache VirtualHost, and in that
VirtualHost container, put two JkMount statements to map *.jsp and /servlet
to ajp13.  In workers.properties, duplicate the setup you have for
localhost, and change .host to the same name as the virtual host in Apache
and the new Host container in server.xml.

That should get you started.

John