tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: how to configure my web applications
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:18:45 GMT

What are you trying to achieve?  There's no need for Apache to know anything
about CLASSPATH, and tomcat creates its own CLASSPATH on startup (check
CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.bat) and ignores the CLASSPATH environment
variable.

CLASSPATH as an environment variable is typically for command-line java,
such as compiling a .java file with javac.  There's no need for CLASSPATH
for Tomcat.  You do need, however, CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME set as system
environment variables.

Incidentally, "CLASS_PATH" in your example should be "CLASSPATH", and don't
worry, there is plenty of room to set whatever you need to set.

John