tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: static rules for jk/ajp13
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:55:50 GMT

Agreed.  In my book, "/servlet/*" is equal to
"/whatever-name-you-want-to-put-here-it-doesn't-have-to-be-servlet/*". ;)

I'd rather only send particular requests to Tomcat.  Seems to make more
sense to me that way...sending everything to Tomcat but setting up some
convoluted mod_rewrite rules to get Apache to behave seems like more work,
but that's me.  Messing with Apache also means that you have to hurt
everything else that Apache is doing to see your config changes.  I haven't
had much luck with "apachectl graceful".  At least by mapping requests to
Tomcat, you can take Tomcat up and down without affecting Apache.

Tastes great, less filling. :)

John