tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: servlet mapping help
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:26:41 GMT

You didn't have to change workers.properties at all.

It works like this:

1. map request URI, if it fits a JkMount statement, check protocol
2. if protocol = "ajp13" then JK (eg. ajp12 = JServ)
3. if JK look for workers.properties file
4. if found, use connection information to make connection

So, you should have a line like this in httpd.conf:

JkMount /examples/servlets/* ajp13

And a few lines like this in workers.properties:

worker.list=some-name
worker.some-name.port=8009
worker.some-name.host=your.host.com
worker.some-name.type=ajp13

Believe me, it works as Jake posted...many, many people have working
configurations just like that.

John