tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0.5 / IIS 5
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:54:34 GMT

...snip...

> I ran with several tutorials that keep saying "Hey, you did
> it...it's was so easy wasn't it?" and they don't say anything
> when it all goes wrong. No one goes the extra step to help
> out when these easy instructions do nothing. I'm looking at
> this for far too long now and I'm losing my mind slowly.

Rude and arrogant.  Don't expect much help making comments like that...this
list is filled with people who go out of their way to help people having
problems.  I've seen threads where more than one person is leading someone
through a process step-by-step, and have personally experienced the
frustration of trying to help someone step-by-step after they've bleated for
help, only to have them disappear or ignore advice and suggestions.

If there's anyone out there willing to help you, it might help _them_ if you
posted:

1) WHICH "easy tutorials" you followed...just because they are on the net
doesn't mean they are any good
2) relevant snippets of log files
3) your properties files

Have a great day.  If I used IIS, I might be inclined to help you out, but
then again, I might not.

John