tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: static rules for jk/ajp13
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:28:56 GMT

I wasn't arguing, merely pointing out as an answer to your question that
either way requires work from a configuration standpoint.  You either need
generic Apache rules and specific Tomcat rules, or specific Apache rules
(like with mod_rewrite) and generic Tomcat rules.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, either way you will need to
configure things manually.  In my opinion, especially if you are the
sys-admin, the easiest way (and the conventional way) is to setup the rules
as I posted and tell your developers that is how it should be. But, if
you're looking for more work for yourself, you are welcome to do it however
you wish.

I apologize for replying to your post and trying to help.

John