tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat Security
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:12:44 GMT

And how would this be different from the WROX book(s) already published, as
well as the two books (three if you count JBoss) by Sams?

More often than not, the books available on a given subject are all the
same, regardless of who publishes them.  I went looking for an in-depth
Tomcat + JNDI + JDBC resource in July. Every book I found, from 4 different
publishers, had essentially the same code snippet (approx. 2/3 of one page)
which did nothing but describe a simple JNDI setup, and aside from the
values of the parameters, was identical to the example in the Tomcat docs.
Not worth $50 where I come from, that's for sure.  I think a couple of the
publishers even used the exact same snippet.  I did manage to get a little
more info from a JDBC 3.0 book (about 1.5 pages), but even that was pretty
sparse.

I'd be interested in a book on the topics you listed, but only if it was
demonstrably different than anything else.  Please avoid writing or
publishing a "me/us too" book.

John