tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Smith <>
Subject RE: One Context - two diffenrnt URLs
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 23:22:16 GMT
If you want your GREAT app to be available from (the default
app) then your server.xml entry should look like this:

<Context path="" ...>

Make sure that no other context (eg ROOT) has an empty path attribute.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bala []
Sent: Tuesday, 8 October 2002 9:43 PM
Subject: One Context - two diffenrnt URLs

I am Balu, working as a software engineer, I am having
a problem in tomcat - apache configuration. If time
 , please help me. Here is the problem(UNIX).

one context named "GREAT" is in TOMCAT 3.2.3. Apache
should service urls of two types.

The URL types are

I am having all servlet classes file in the dir

"webapps/GREAT/WEB-INF/classes "

My web.xml file looks like bellow.

My server.xml file part lokes like
        <Context path="What I have to put"
                 reloadable="false" >
[ I placed two context
named "servlet" and "defservlet" in server.xml.
But one Httpsession created in "defservlet" context
visible in "servlet" context.]
Please let me know What are all the changes
 have to make in server.xml file, tomcat.conf
 file and tomcat-apache.conf file?

Expecting your reply

"One important key to success is self-confidence.
 An important key to self-confidence is preparation"

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>