tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Smith <matthew.sm...@brio.com>
Subject RE: One Context - two diffenrnt URLs
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 23:22:16 GMT
If you want your GREAT app to be available from www.foo.com/ (the default
app) then your server.xml entry should look like this:

<Context path="" ...>

Make sure that no other context (eg ROOT) has an empty path attribute.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bala [mailto:n_balachandar@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 8 October 2002 9:43 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: One Context - two diffenrnt URLs

I am Balu, working as a software engineer, I am having
a problem in tomcat - apache configuration. If time
permits
 , please help me. Here is the problem(UNIX).

one context named "GREAT" is in TOMCAT 3.2.3. Apache
1.3.9
should service urls of two types.

The URL types are

1) http://www.foo.com/servlet/MyServlet
2) http://www.foo.com/defservlet/YourServlet

I am having all servlet classes file in the dir

"webapps/GREAT/WEB-INF/classes "

My web.xml file looks like bellow.

      <servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>MyServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

      <servlet>
        <servlet-name>YourServlett</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>YourServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/MyServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/defservlet/YourServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

My server.xml file part lokes like
        <Context path="What I have to put"
                 docBase="webapps/GREAT"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" >
        </Context>
----------
[ I placed two context
named "servlet" and "defservlet" in server.xml.
But one Httpsession created in "defservlet" context
not
visible in "servlet" context.]
Please let me know What are all the changes
 have to make in server.xml file, tomcat.conf
 file and tomcat-apache.conf file?

Expecting your reply
Balachandar

=====
"One important key to success is self-confidence.
 An important key to self-confidence is preparation"