tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jørgen Ramskov <...@conterra.dk>
Subject SV: com.oreilly.servlet - upload example not working?
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:15:16 GMT
> it's a sevlet right? so you have to define the servlet in the
> web.xml of your webapp. plus you must move the jar to the WEB-INF/lib
> rather than what you stated.

If I want the cos.jar package to be available to all webapps, then I thought
I could add it it /shared/lib?

the upload.war is an example app that comes with the package. It has a
structure like this:

/meta-inf/ (contains a manifest file)
/upload/
-> /WEB-INF/
-> /WEB-INF/web.xml
-> upload.html
-> /WEB-INF/classes/
-> /WEB-INF/classes/DemoParserUploadServlet.class (and more)

The web.xml file has this (and more, but I think this is the relevant part)
info:
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        parserupload
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        DemoParserUploadServlet
    </servlet-class>
      <init-param>
        <param-name>
            uploadDir
        </param-name>
        <param-value>
            .     <!-- Current dir, replace with /tmp or c:\temp maybe -->
        </param-value>
      </init-param>
  </servlet>

Greetings