tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Beginner's config problem with TomCat 4.1.12 on Win2K
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:27:41 GMT
What URL are you trying to load?

If it's something like http://server/myDir/servlet/myClass, then that
won't work in an out-of-the-box Tomcat 4.1.12.  The servlet that handles
requests with /servlet in the path (called the "invoker" servlet) is
disabled by default due to potential security issues.  You'll need to
map your servlet to a URL.

For example, add this to your web.xml:
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>myClass</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/myClass</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

And then go to http://server/myDir/myClass

Assuming that your servlet is declared correctly in web.xml and is named
"myClass" this should work.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863