tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject Shared JSP taglibs
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 22:11:16 GMT
>From the JavaServer Pages 1.2 Specification:

JSP.7.3.5 Implicit Map entries from the Container
The container may also add additional entries to the taglib map. As in
the previous
case, the entries are only added for URIs that are not present in the
map. Conceptually
the entries correspond to TLD describing these tag libraries.
These implicit map entries correspond to libraries that are known to the
container, who is responsible for providing their implementation, either
through
tag handlers, or via the mechanism described in Section JSP.7.3.9.

Does Tomcat 4.1.x support this in any way? If so, can I add my own
taglibs to the map of known taglibs?  We have several webapps running on
the same server that use the same tag libraries.  Currently, we have the
tag handler classes in a shared JAR, and copy the TLD files into each
webapp.  If I could avoid having to do the latter, that would be nice.
:-) I haven't seen anything to indicate that it's possible, but if it
is, that would be cool!
Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863