tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Parker <RPar...@membersequity.com.au>
Subject Tomcat(s) on web server or database server
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:32:01 GMT
Members Equity Email System
I have a configuration which comprises two physical machines, a dual proc
webserver and a quad proc database server. I am planning on running two
tomcat instances using the JK load balancer. The application is highly
dynamic and every page hits the database.

My question - for performance, should I run the two tomcats on the webserver
or both on the database server? Perhaps this comes down which is the
'lighter' network protocol, JDBC or AJP13? Hence should I keep the tomcats
closer to the database or webserver?

any thoughts or experience?

regards

Rob