tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject webdav http method upload into WEB-INF
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 16:40:49 GMT
hi all!
i just tried a quick webdav setup with "sitecopy" (V 0.11.4) and tomcats
webdav support.
I set up my context for webdav (web.xml...), now it does work with the ftp
for http init works & listing works (i.e. reports the locally modified
files) but when I try to update (-u) any file *below* WEB-INF, I get a 404 error
(which is what I *do* in fact expect for normal GET/POST requests, thats the
point of WEB-INF, isn't it? ;o)
it does work for anything above WEB-INF.
so why can I (resp. sitecopy) fetch the file listing (obviously not via
normal GET) but cannot upload the files?
is the existence of a file that's to be updated checked with a GET request?
thanx for any pointer into the right direction
greetings to all

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more +++
NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. G√ľnstige DSL- & Modem/ISDN-Tarife!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message