tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1 Caching Classes?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:55:41 GMT

Hello, Kendall Gifford,

That's really weird behaviour you're reporting.  I've never studied any portion of Tomcat's
code, so I cannot make any definitive statements regarding Tomcat, especially anything undocumented.

However, I have had the same thing happen to me.  It turned out to be completely my own fault:
 in a switch from one platform to another (and the many, many changes that can entail) the
order in which different versions of the same class were loaded somehow changed on me.

The thing about including different versions (the different versions being:  NEW GOOD ONE
and OLD BAD ONE) of the same class in the classpath is that there seems to be a relatively
good (~75-80%???) chance that on your original platform you'll load the NEW GOOD ONE.  However,
there seems to be a 100% chance that when you switch to a different platform, you'll load
the OLD BAD ONE instead.

And you'll go insane.

This could be what's happening to you...

yours,

Julius Davies, Programmer, CUCBC
Email: juliusdavies@cucbc.com, Ph: 604.730.6385