tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:18:05 GMT
This is not just a Tomcat issue, Glinn, but indemic or essential to
servlets and jsp.  I suggest you grab a copy of Jason Hunter's book on
servlets, if you can.  I think it is available on line as well as in paper
back.  You also can get most of the information from various
websites.  Here is one good course:

http://math.hws.edu/javanotes/

The dropping the file you need to create a context like the one that exists
for examples in the server.xml for your application.  Then you need to have
a web.xml file that is configured according to the requirements for
web.xml.  There is not just a little bit to learning how to use containers
like Tomcat successfully.  You are a student?  Who you are and how fast you
have to go is relevant to helping you.