tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat & Apache, not connected?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:18:42 GMT
Don't use the apache, switch the Tomcat to 80.  Works out of the box like
that, and the directions on how are in Goodwill's Apache Jakarta-Tomcat if
you want to look at that.  It is really obvious, though.  Just don't use
apache and change 8080 to 80.

At 03:13 PM 10/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>We've currently got Apache running on HP-UX 11.  Now I'm developing a Struts
>webapp that will need to go on the same box.  HP hasn't released Tomcat 4
>yet, so we'll have to get it to work ourselves.
>
>Since the Struts app has no static content, is there any reason to put
>ourselves through the pain of convincing Apache and Tomcat to play nicely
>together?  Or can the two run on the same machine with no knowledge of one
>another?
>
>The only disadvantage I see is that my Tomcat URL's will have to include a
>port number, since Apache is already listening on port 80.
>
>Anything else I should know?
>
>--
>Wendy Smoak
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/unidbtags

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you