tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: ROOT context lost in Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:51:20 GMT
Isn't it commented out for a good reason though, and we should be
configuring the web.xml to do what we want for this instead?  Am I missing
something?  Probably!  ///;-)  Oh, well!  I've had a great day otherwise.

At 06:45 PM 10/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>This was a security fix.  Look in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and look
>for the mapping for the "invoker" servlet.  Notice that it is commented
>out?  Well, uncomment it and get back the /servlet/* functionality.
>
>Jake
>
>At 04:09 PM 10/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>>Helloe list:
>>   I am having problem with Tomcat4.1.12's ROOT context. It seems that
>> Tomcat 4.1.12 can not recognize the /servlet/ under ROOT context.( *.jsp
>> works fine, and "/serlvet" under other context works fine).
>> Specifically, servlets under $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes
>> can not be accessed by url
>> http://localhost:8080/servlet/HelloWorldExample, etc.
>>  It always give me 404 error: can not find resource.
>>

>>In server.xml I check the ROOT context with path="" is not commented out.
>>
>>This problem does not exist in Tomcat 4.0.6
>>I am using WinXP professional.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>Thanks,
>>
>>N.

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you