tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinadh Karumuri <skaru...@bbn.com>
Subject Re: want to show a message to the user before issuing shutdown command
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:33:40 GMT
It is all a pull from client and we cannot PUSH from server to client.
#1.
You could probably write a JSP to keep polling server for messages and
display in a separate frame/window.
It is not the most efficient way but should work.
#2.
Each JSP, while loading, could check for a particular static String
variable value and display if set.
This works only when this page is loaded/reloaded.

- Sri