tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nilesh Parmar <Nile...@wrox.com>
Subject Apache Tomcat Security
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:55:45 GMT
Hi,
   I've been subscribing to the this mailing list from quite a while. I'm
interested in developing a book on Apache Tomcat security. For a start, here
is what i've included as a specification for the book. Can anyone please
give me your valuable suggestions/ideas to make it a better book? I'd like
to know that exactly the programmer wants so as to make it a great book
helpfull to all. Here's what i'd like to cover in the book:

Internet Security (SSH, SSL))
How secure is Tomcat
Security Manager
Realms (This chapter should discuss Memory Realms, and JDBC Realms)
Secure connections with Databases (like MySQL) using SSL
Secure connections with LDAP using SSL (??)

Thanks in advance.
Nilesh