tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: How to specify the location of a properties file.
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:06:12 GMT
Here is the simple solution

    ServletContext sc;
    String RootPath=null;

           sc = getServletContext();
            RootPath = sc.getRealPath("/");

Donie

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Probst [mailto:andpro77@gmx.net]
Sent: 08 October 2002 16:31
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to specify the location of a properties file.

Hi Mehdi,

you could get the resource stream from within a servlet's init()
method (where you have a ServletContext) and pass it to the
other object that needs it.

I do it pretty similar. But instead of passing the stream I pass
the servletContext.

Andreas

List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       >                        cc:

>                                                Subject:  Re: How to
specify the location of a properties file.