tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Greg Bullough <...@outofchaos.com>
Subject JDBC error only on non-local URL
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:08:44 GMT
I've set up the MySQL example in the JNDI
Datasource HOW-TO located in
.../tomcat-docs/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Works great called from a local browser on
URL http://localhost:8080/DBTest/DBtest.jsp

Works great called from a local browser on
URL http://myexternalname:8080/DBTest/DBtest.jsp

Works great called from a different machine in the same
domain on  URL http://myexternalname:8080/DBTest/DBtest.jsp

But throws a java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
if I call it from a different machine in the same domain via a fully-
qualified URL of the form
http://myexternalname.mydomain.com:8080/DBTest?DBtest.jsp

Adding a bit of debug trace info shows me  that it happened on the
ds.GetConnection() after the ctxLookup has set ds to some non-null value.

Any insights as to why the fully-qualified URL on the page should
make a difference this deep into the code? I'm thinking some sort
of security settings. Once again, the configuration and code is
basically verbatim copied from the HOWTO. Tomcat 4.1.12-LE

Greg