tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John A. Crow" <cro...@attbi.com>
Subject Configuring a second webapps directory
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 04:05:56 GMT
Hello -

I am messing with ver. 4.1.12 under RH-7.3. I have put the
installation directories in one location ($CATALINA_HOME) and
the instance directories in another ($CATALINA_BASE) and all
has worked fine so far. For what it's worth, I've found Joe
Molnar's tutorial at

 http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/technical/tomcat_warp_apache/

quite helpful

I'd appreciate any guidance on a different configuration issue ...

The standard configuration provides automagic-access to stuff
in $CATALINA_BASE/webapps. Is there some way to do something
clever in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml or someplace else to
specify a *second* location for webapps to be dumped?

For example, is it possible to have the "basic" webapps to be

  /usr/local/tomcat-instance/webapps

with another one at

  /www/local/webapps

so that BOTH get searched for available servlets, etc., on
startup?

Thanks for any help.

 - John