tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to mysql - Server configuration denies accessto data source
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:33:54 GMT
  Well i don't have all the whole pb cause i just set up my brand new
netscape....

It seems yu got in troubles with connection to mysql database. I just
made it yesterday night to have my Tomcat's manager properly set up...

First make yur database and tables. I can give yu a .sql script.
Second, under sql admin, create a user who'll handle this database:
 user: tomcat, password: tompass.
They are many ways to do it, but on i use to is - assuming the db is
called tomcatusers -

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON tomcatusers.* TO tomcat@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
'tompass';

If all is OK, yu can then test it with:

shell# mysql -u tomcat -p
password:
bla bla ../..
mysql> connect tomcatusers;
bla bla ../..
mysql>mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_tomcatusers |
+-----------------------+
| roles                 |
| user_roles            |
| users                 |
+-----------------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

After that, yu have to modify the server.xml according to the Tomcat's doc.

For instance:
      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->
      <!-- <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" /> -->
      <!-- Test with a JDBCRealm connected to a MySQL DataBase -->
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
             connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/tomcatusers"
             connectionName="tomcat" connectionPassword="tompass"
             userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
             userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

Hope this help.

JLB :O)