tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John B. Moore" <...@microps.com>
Subject Re: java beans
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:43:09 GMT
My guess is that you are miss using the term "java beans" or not
understand what that term typically means. Generally a java bean is a
class with a number of specific properties (what those are depends on
whether you are talking about a "GUI" java bean or a non-GUI java bean.)
 Either way you do not "access" java beans from a server.  Instead a
bean is used by either servlets, jsp, or taglib classes to supply
business logic, data access. or other programatic functions in a generic
"plug-in" fashion..

   Go to  http://www.microps.com/mps/papers.htm for some papers on JSP
and JavaBeans that might help you understand their relationship better..

   John..