tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ContestAdmin <>
Subject Re: Bug?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:39:53 GMT
chad kellerman wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>   Check this out.............
>   So I am getting this java exception:
>      2002-10-25 13:53:40
> [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection] Exception on socket
> Premature packet header end
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(
> at
> at
>   Now I know I couldn't be the only one experiencing this error.  I
> checked everywhere, where I eventually ended up at apache-bugzilla
>     If you read the thread you'll see that it has been resolved and it
> was a duplicate bug.  And it lists the link to the other bug:
> But,  The two are completely different.  One is a ssl key bug and the
> other is a socket exception????
> Am I missing something??
> I am running the newest tomcat 4.0.6  on apache 1.3.2X with the newest
> jvm on redhat 6.2.
> I get the above error then apache freezes up?
> Any every have this happen?
> Does this bug need to be reopened??  Never been in this situation and I
> don't know how to proceed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Sincerely,
> Chad
>                        Name: signature.asc
>    signature.asc       Type: application/pgp-signature

I've had the same problem and have had little luck on this list with
a response. I also saw the two entries in bugzilla.

The only suggestion that I have is to change to mod_jk or mod_jk2
instead of mod_webapp.

>From what I've been able to get from the conversations on this list
the development on mod_webapp is dead.

My problem was even more fun as I have two (supposedly) identical
machines and one has this bug while the other does not. I still have
not found anything different between the two. (same JDK, same
extentsions, same apache version, same mod_webapp version same
tomcat version, same ssl version).

If you do happen to find anything out about this I'd love to hear about

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message