tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wagg <andrew.w...@virgin.net>
Subject Re: jspc pre-compiled pages distributed with .war file?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:17:11 GMT
Tomcat requires the servlet and servlet mappings in the web.xml, this is
the way it works. Essentially, servlets are generated for the jsp pages.
I modified my web application this week to precompile the jsp files and
no longer include these in my war.

The JspC compiler when used with the -webapp option, also allows the use
of either -webxml or -webinc to generate a complete web.xml file or just
the servlet and servlet mappings to be included. I found I couldnt do
this using the ant jspc command, but rather used a java task to run the
jspc command.

My generated .java classes were then compiled with all my other classes
and put in the war.

Andy.