tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: plz help, I cannot determine why this is not working????
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:01:44 GMT
See ...
 > Root cause:
 > java.lang.NullPointerException
 > at 
jsp.portal_0002dproject.processviewfiles_dir_4._jspService(processviewfiles_dir_4.java:133)
 > at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

You are getting a java.lang.NullPointerException

Look for processviewfiles_dir_4.java line 133 - there is a NPE being 
thrown here. Why .. don't know.


Edmund Smith wrote:
> I have so far tried many times to make a program work at another location. Now I am totally
lost for ideas. 
> The program works at home but when I try it in a networked computer everything fails.
I do not know why. 
> I would be grateful if someone would look at my code and test it. Please reply to me
here so that I could perhaps send the code. 
> I would be eternally grateful.
> Thank you in advance. 
> Here is the error, which I get only at the deployment location: 
> Error: 500
> Location: /myJSPs/jsp/portal-project/processviewfiles_dir.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error: 
> javax.servlet.ServletException
> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:460)
> at jsp.portal_0002dproject.processviewfiles_dir_4._jspService(processviewfiles_dir_4.java:163)
> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
> at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
> at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
> at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
> Root cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at jsp.portal_0002dproject.processviewfiles_dir_4._jspService(processviewfiles_dir_4.java:133)
> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
> at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
> at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
> at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536) 
> 


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message