tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RV: Runtime.exec()
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:46:42 GMT
The error you are seeing is relate to the way you create a process under
win32. Read to avoid it.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2000/jw-1229-traps.html

-- Jeanfrancois

Nigel.Byrnes@directline.com wrote:

>If i understand your mail correctly, you are attempting to call/run an
>external program. If so, then you need to get a pointer to the JVMs RunTime
>environment and execute your command[s] in a new process. Note that you'll
>need to setup the environment of the process. On a win32 platform, you'll
>be looking to do something like this:
>
>public void foo (String [] myCmds)
>{
>      try
>      {
>      // construct the the list of commands to be run based upon
>      // - a set of cmds required to setup the environment of the process
>      // - the user cmds in myCmds
>        String [] cmds = runTheseCmds (myCmds); // see javadoc/google for
>more info
>        Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime ();
>        Process p = r.exec (cmds);
>
>      // here you can access stdout/stderr if you like
>

>        p.waitFor();
>        p.destroy();
>      }
>      catch (...)
>      {
>            // see javadoc for the exceptions you need to catch
>      }
>}
>
>--
>Nigel Byrnes
>E-Commerce, Direct Line
>0845 878 2922
>

>                      Ricardo Arias

>                      <RicardoA@gentrac        To:       tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

>                      .com.gt>                 cc:

>                                               Subject:  RV: Runtime.exec()

>                      22/10/02 17:43

>                      Please respond to

>                      "Tomcat Users

>                      List"

3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. The following are also members of the Direct Line
group of companies: Direct Line Insurance plc, a member of the General Insurance Standards
Council and Direct Line Life Insurance Company Limited and Direct Unit Trusts Limited, both
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Loans, Mortgages, Credit Cards and Savings
provided by Direct Line Financial Services Limited, registered in England number 2372702,
registered office 3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1AG. All are members of the Royal Bank
of Scotland Group.