tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Höglund <tobi...@interia.se>
Subject Re: Symbolic Link
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:43:30 GMT
Hi

In my  /usr/local/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/RELEASE-NOTES-4.1.txt file I found the
  below:

Symlinking static resources:

Unix symlinks will not work when used in a web application to link resources
located outside the web application root directory.

This behavior is optional, and the "allowLinking" flag may be used to disable
the check.

Does this explain your problem?
/Tobias