tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please Help: How can I generate .java files from JSP files
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:50:29 GMT
Go under ${catalina.home}/bin

and then type jspc.{bat or sh, depending on which machine}. You will
invoke manually Jasper (The JSP compiler used by Tomcat) . The following
options will be displayed:

where jsp files is any number of:
    <file>         A file to be parsed as a jsp page
    -webapp <dir>  A directory containing a web-app, all jsp pages
                   will recursivly be parsed
where options include:
    -q          Quite mode (same as -v0)
    -v[#]       Verbose mode (optional number is level, default is 2)
    -d <dir>    Output Directory
    -dd <dir>   Literal Output Directory.  (package dirs will not be made)
    -l          Outputs the name of the JSP page upon failure
    -s          Outputs the name of the JSP page upon success
    -p <name>   Name of target package
    -c <name>   Name of target class name
                (only applies to first JSP page)
    -mapped     Generate separate write() calls for each HTML line in
the JSP
    -die[#]     Generate an error return code (#) on fatal errors.
                If the number is absent or unparsable it defaults to 1.
    -uribase <dir>  The uri directory compilations shoule be relative to
                    (Default is "/")
    -uriroot <dir>  The root directory that uri files should be resolved
                    against, (Default is the directory jspc is invoked from)
    -webinc <file>  Creates partial servlet mapings for the -webapp option
    -webxml <file>  Creates a complete web.xml when using the -webapp
option.
    -ieplugin <clsid>  Java Plugin classid for Internet Explorer
    -sax2 <driverclassname>  Driver class name for the SAX 2.0 parser to
be used

You have the choice :-)

-- Jeanfrancois