tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Christenson <rchristen...@earthlink.net>
Subject Error when attempting to start Tomcat 4.1.12 on an NT system running JDK1.2.2
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:52:35 GMT
Hello All,

I'm receiving an error when attempting to start my tomcat container.

D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\bin>catalina run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   d:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12
Using CATALINA_HOME:   d:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: d:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       d:\java\jdk1.2.2
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java,

Compiled Code)

        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java,
Compiled Code)

D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\bin>

Can anyone direct me to what the problem may be?  According to the
download area for Tomcat 4.1.12, it runs on JDK1.2+

By the way, it does run when I set my JDK to JDK1.3.1.  But for specific
reasons, I need to run JDK 1.2.2

Thanks for any help,

-Robert Christenson