tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham King <gra...@gointernet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Symlink and trouble with include directive
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:12:32 GMT
  Luise,

  I have the same problem. In Tomcat versions 4.1.* applications are not allowed to follow
symlinks
that take them out of their webapp directory. The 'allowLinking' is meant to override this
but is
apparently buggy (it definately didn't work for me). See here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg68686.html

  I gather this will be fixed in 4.1.13. If you really need to symlink stick with the 4.0
branch for
now.

  Does anyone know for sure if this is planned for a fix in 4.1.13 ?

  Graham.