tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Eaves <...@eaves.org>
Subject Re: nobody processes
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:13:22 GMT
Hi all,

Look in the apache configuration files (normally /etc/httpd/conf)
at the file httpd.conf

There is a stanza in it: (about line 135)
-------------
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
#  On SCO (ODT 3) use User nouser and Group nogroup
#  On HPUX you may not be able to use shared memory as nobody, and the
#  suggested workaround is to create a user www and use that user.
#  NOTE that some kernels refuse to setgid(Group) or semctl(IPC_SET)
#  when the value of (unsigned)Group is above 60000;
#  don't use Group nobody on these systems!

User nobody
Group nobody

Mystery solved.

Can we kill this thread now ?  It's not even remotely related to Tomcat.

Cheers,
	-- jon

Jon Eaves <jon@eaves.org>
http://www.eaves.org/jon/