tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: nobody processes
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:08:08 GMT
Skorupski PaweĊ‚ ,(PZUZ) wrote:
> Thanks for advice,
>
> I find out and processes with 'user nobody' are created by process with
> command inetd.

Aha, we are getting somewhere.

> I don't know if the processes with command httpd can be started by process
> 'inetd' if service "http" doesn't exist in inetd.conf.

Usually, this is not the case. I don't think that Apache can even work this way.
Anyway, "big" servers, like Sendmail, Apache, Cyrus IMAP (since 2.0) will run as
standalone daemons, not from InetD.

Take a look at your /etc/inetd.conf and see what servers are run from it as user
"nobody" and you'll be one step closer to finding your problem source.

Nix.