tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajsa...@emerging-trade.com>
Subject Re: WHO knows about it ???
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:49:09 GMT
There are many reasons of using mode_jk over warp. I had serious problem
with the warp when, I used it with Tomcat 4.0.3. One very eratic thing
was the errors, exception I used to get rendomly.

Two other reasons are fault tolerance and load balancing. This is
required for providing maximum uptime for the crtical applications. Warp
does not provide load balancing and fault tolerance.

One more reason is warp is not developed activly any more. You have to
stick with what you have now.

If you are getting good performace with warp there is no reason to
switch to jk. You can stick with what you have now unless feel the need.

Raj

Load Balancing
Fault Tolerance

The