tomcat-users mailing list archives

From George Hart <h...@z57.com>
Subject Possible bug with isSecure()/getScheme() methods in tomcat 4.1
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 00:10:48 GMT
Hi,

I am having some problems with the servlet engine when connected to
apache.  When making a https request through the apache webserver  the
HttpRequest.isSecure() method is returning false and the
HttpRequest.getScheme() method is returning 'http'.  It seems like this
information was lost when the connector passed the request to the
servlet engine.  I should note that the HttpRequest.getServerPort() does
return the correct port.

Having looked through the archived messages it sounds like there was a
similar problem when using ajp12.  However, I am fairly certain that I
using the ajp13 protocol.

I am able to work around this problem since I can use the
getServerPort() method correctly, but I would be interested to know if
this is a bug or if I have misconfigured something.

Thank you,

George Hart
hart@z57.com

Relevant Info:

Machine: 2.4.9-34 (Redhat 7.2)
Webserver:  Apache 1.3.26
Tomcat version: jakarta-tomcat-4.1.10-LE-jdk14
jvm: j2sdk1.4.0_02
connector: jk-1.2.0

My workers.properties file:

ps=/

# list the workers by name

#worker.list=tomcat1, tomcat2, loadbalancer
worker.list=tomcat1, loadbalancer

# First tomcat server
worker.tomcat1.port=8009
worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
#worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat1, tomcat2
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat1