tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Padhu Vinirs <p.pa...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Using external login pages for web applications
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:58:24 GMT

Correct me if I understood this wrong:

Login Form html ( external web site )  --->    Servlet/JSP  ( Your web
site )

If you setup https access in your web site, then the external form can
securely send the login info to your servlet, which can authenticate the
user, set a session attribute, which every secure page can check before
allowing user to continue. Else redirect to the login form again.

-- padhu