tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wolcott <wolc...@attglobal.net>
Subject TOMCAT-STANDALONE needed with Apache Server?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:50:26 GMT
I'm new to the world of Apache and Jakarta. I notice TOMCAT by default
has the TOMCAT-STANDALONE instance defined by default, and the
TOMCAT-APACHE instance commented out with no connectors, etc defined. I
loaded Apache 2.0 and TOMCAT 4.0 on my Win 2K Svr box. Do I NEED the
stand-alone instance of TOMCAT? Do I need all those connectors on the
different ports? What is used by the mod_jk interface from Apache to
TOMCAT? I tried mod_webapp, but Apache said it could not find it even
though I DL'd a win32 version of the .so and accompanying libapr.dll to
the MODULES directory. (I went back to the mod_jk method)

I have read multiple pages on setting up TOMCAT, and all seem to be
different or not appropriate for my needs. Anyone have a good page to
help me setup Apache/Tomcat and JSP/SERVLETS/BEANS on a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER?

Thanks