tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajsa...@emerging-trade.com>
Subject Re: Connecting from Tomcat box to JBoss box?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:24:03 GMT
Hi,

You need to follow the below steps:-

Copy the clients file from te JBOSS_HOME/client direcotry to the
TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib. You dont need all, but you can copy to be sure
you copied all the libs.

In your application where you lookup the JNDI context, create a
Properties object and set the:

Properties prop =  new Properties();

prop.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContectFactory");

//Replace the yourhost:port with your host ip and port. Default port is 1099
prop.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url", "yourhost:port");
prop.setProperty("ava.naming.factory.url.pakgs", "org.jboss.naming:
org.jnp.interfaces");

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(prop);

Now you can use the ctx object to lookup your EJBs.

Raj Saini