tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sdgol...@mailandnews.com>
Subject Deploying Web Application Programmatically
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:21:55 GMT
I'm building a feature into a web application in which I need to deploy other
web applications to Tomcat programmatically.  I've taken a look at the
ManagerServlet for an example of how to do this and I have a quesion.

1.  Is there any way to access the org.apache.catalina.Deployer instance
outside of a servlet?  In other words, do I have to write a Servlet which
implements the ContainerServlet interface?

The reason I ask, is that the code that handles the web application deployment
responsibilities currently is designed such that it does not have access to
the http request and response objects.  If possible, I would like to keep it
this way.  If I do, I can't do a RequestDispatcher.include() to a
ContainerServlet implementation, which appears to be the only way to access
the Deployer instance.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks.

Scott