tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Lee <w...@sendmail.com>
Subject Bug in catalina.sh? Problem using jpda
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:56:28 GMT
I have been using jswat for debugging Tomcat for a while.  However,
since I use the catalina's jpda start it doesn't work anymore.  It seems
like in the java command arguments that catalina.sh script constructed
are missing a -Xnoagent flag.  It's causing the jswat to skip all the
breakpoint that I've set I think.

Also, it seems like the setclasspath.sh script is explicitly checking
jdb and javac in your JAVA_HOME/bin directory before allowing you to
pass.  That means you can't really use that script with any JRE for the
binaries are not included...  I know jsp would not work with the JRE but
I can use the JRE with just plan servlet with no problem and having that
check there is somewhat redundent.

BTW, I'm currently using IBM JDK 1.3 and Tomcat 4.1.12 on Linux.

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com