tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nancy Crisostomo Martinez" <nanc...@correo.uqroo.mx>
Subject Re: Tomcat stop when exit telnet session
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 16:38:31 GMT
Hi Fong,
I had the same behavior but in Tomcat 3.3 with Solaris 8.
It was very frustrated for me, but I got a very good solution because I still think that it's
not the best.

You onlu have to run tomcat like this: (I did this in Tomcat 3.3)
nohup tomcat.sh start > nohup.out

So in the nohup.out file Tomcat will store all the console messages.
In fact, it's a unix "patch"...  :-)

Regards,
Nancy.

fong wrote:

> I install tomcat 4.X in solaris8. I run "/etc/init.d/tomcat4 start &" to start tomcat
in telnet session from win2K. That is ok.