tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <>
Subject Re: 4.1.12 JSPC question
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:35:00 GMT

Here is a bit more information. I took a look at the jar files for jsp
1.1 tags and they include a taglib.tld file in meta-inf/.  Once I remove
that, it compiles the pages fine.  It looks like there's a conflict in
either jasper compiler or jspc that is unable to resolve which .tld file
to use.

peter lin

peter lin wrote:
> after a lot of digging, I tracked part of the problem down to jakarta
> string taglib. once I removed that from my file, it correctly compiles
> the jsp page.  I'm working on tracking down the exact cause, but it
> might be an issue with jsp 1.1 tags. JSTL 1.2 compliant, but string
> taglib is 1.1.
> if anyone has seen this, I'd like to hear about it. it might help me
> diagnose the problem and find a fix faster.
> peter

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message