tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peter lin <peter....@labs.gte.com>
Subject 4.1.12 JSPC question
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:14:05 GMT

I'm trying to get JSPC to work correctly and compile my webapp, but I am
having a bit of difficulty. jspc with tomcat 4.0.3 worked fine, but
4.1.12 is having trouble resolving the included files and is therefore
throwing NPE.  I've gone through every tomcat 4 doc on the site and I've
read through the javadoc, but it's still unclear to me which jspc
options are required and which are not.

I've managed to compile single jsp files, but not a webapp.  Here is an
example of the command I am using.

C:\tomcat\bin>jspc -webapp c:\project\myapp -d
c:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_ -uriroot c:\project\myapp -uribase
c:\project\myapp

I'm hoping it's just stupid user error on my part. One thing is my pages
use JSTL <c:import> as well as other JSTL tags.

peter